Many people suffer from anxiety or get nervous when they walk into a dental office. Dulay Dental strives to help each patient and give them an exceptional experience during any cleaning or procedure at our office. We want our patients to feel relaxed and at ease knowing they are in good hands.
There are options that we offer in our office when patients have anxiety, or have had a bad experience in the past with a dental procedure. Our staff will work with each patient to come up with a customized treatment plan, and will discuss all our options available.
In some cases we may recommend sedation dentistry as the right choice for patients that suffer from dental anxiety. Sedation dentistry is a way to keep patients relaxed and calm during their procedure or appointment.
Patients may choose sedation dentistry if they have one of the following:
- Strong gag reflex
- Patients that may be recommended for a long dental procedure, or multiple procedures.
- Patients that have a low tolerance for pain.
Types of sedation available:
- Nitrous Oxide: This is known as “laughing gas” and is given through a mask placed on the mouth combined with oxygen. This gas helps a patient to relax, and the patient is awake during the procedure. Once the procedure is complete, the gas wears off quickly.
- Oral Sedation: This can be given orally before a procedure to help patents relax. Depending on the dose given, oral sedation can either keep the patient pain free but awake, or may make the patient fall completely asleep.
- IV Sedation: IV Sedation is given intravenously. This type of sedation can be controlled by the dentist, and can produce moderate sedation or deep sedation depending on the patient’s needs and treatment.
Our goal at Dulay Dental is to make sure our patients are comfortable and relaxed during any procedure. If sedation is the right option, we will work with each patient to choose the best type of sedation, and make sure they know what to expect every step of the way.
If you are interested in finding out more about sedation dentistry, please contact Dulay Dental to schedule your appointment.